Friday, February 15, 2008

Woop dee woop

Taking the bus is officially my favorite pastime. Seriously. It's hilarious. It's like a clown car. There are so many people crammed on you wonder why no one passes out. It's also super cheap compared to taxis and you don't have to bargain with the stupid drivers who try to rip you off.
Having a cell phone is nice and it's been nice to talk to people from home (thanks Mom and Dad, and thanks Anne for the 2 minute conversation of a lifetime). On the other hand, it makes me miss home a little bit. Technology and I have a serious love/hate relationship.
Last night was pretty fun, but not for any special reason. I had fun drinking ataya (green tea with loads of sugar served in double shots) with the fam and just joking around and of course watching tv. Maybe it helped that the tea made me highly caffeinated. My sisters have decided that they're going to find me a Senegalese boyfriend. I'm skeptical, but it's funny.
Today we're going to an art museum, which should be pretty cool. Saturday I plan to go buy some fabric at the market and have some clothes made and they're going to be awesome. Also optimum family bonding time (at least with the female members). Sunday is a big day because I'm going to learn how to do...LAUNDRY. By hand. Apparently it takes hours.

No comments: