Monday, February 4, 2008

I'm smiling!

I'm here I'm here I'm here!!! I'm barely conscious after not much sleep and severe jetlag but I'm here! We got in last night on our delayed flight from Paris at about midnight. We're at a nice, clean hotel near the airport. This is good because they can deliver easily my bags that didn't make it :-/. Fortunately I've got a nice roommate while we're here who's helping me out. It smells like ocean here and I love it. I smiled the entire drive from the airport in spite of (or maybe because of) the fact that it was dark and I couldn't really see anything. I definitely had Africa-related dreams, which is funny (Anne--there were cute kids involved of course!). I have a sneaking suspicion that this is these are the most Western accommodations we will have here. They're easing us in slowly. This is good. We start orientation today. Eep! I'm so excited!

No comments: