Title=quote by me on the first morning here. Turns out it was a sheep.
I met my host mother today! She’s a primary school teacher and she’s really really nice. I’ll have three “sisters” and a “brother.” I also had my first Wolof class too. It’s a repetition style of learning and it surprisingly works really well. I’ve got some greetings down now. I was so excited after that class. I’m psyched about learning Wolof. That set me up well for meeting my host mom. I was less nervous, which was good because there’s nothing to be worried about. The homestay is going to be great.
I’ve been so rushed other times when I’ve been trying to post that I feel like there are a lot of gaps. There’s also just so much to tell! The food is great, all bodily systems: normal (we got a talk about health and safety this morning so hopefully it stays that way), and I love walking around and absorbing everything. I’m speaking a lot of French with profs, fellow students, and random Senegalese. We’re all feeling comfortable at school and learning a lot.
I want to know how everyone is at home! We’ve been getting news and stuff on TV and internet (like about Super Tuesday—C’mon Obama, you can do it, all is not lost!), but how are things at school, home, barn, etc.? Feel free to send me emails or comment on posts or something.
No comments:
Post a Comment