Saturday, February 2, 2008

D-Day

Today's the day I start my voyage to Senegal! I'm fully prepared in the way of material goods, but I think my head still can't believe I'm actually going. After organizing this thing for so long, today kinda snuck up on me. Saying goodbye to all my favorite folks was rough, but I'll be back in no time to share some pretty stupendous stories. So anyway I'll be taking off from Minneapolis this afternoon and arriving in New York close to dinnertime. There's another girl from Minneapolis on the trip and she'll be on my flight, which is nice. In New York we meet up with the whole group and from there fly to Paris on an overnight flight. Hopefully I sleep lots. Either that or Air France better have some pretty great French films. We have a couple hours in Paris and then it's off to Dakar. Whew. Lots of airplane. Good thing we get along okay. Wish me luck and I'll update this thing as soon as possible once I get there!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We wish you a wonderful learning experience, Kate! We'll miss you, but will read your blog regularly!
Mom & Dad