Thursday, April 24, 2008
Some random musings...
Something that I find really fascinating is how different a neighborhood can be at different times of day. For example: In Ngor the veggie lady is out in the morning but not in the evening (this can sometimes be inconvenient). When I had to go all the way back there mid-morning because I had forgotten my phone I noticed some restaurants and lunch stuff that isn't open when I'm normally in the area. That involved not only new visuals but new smells. Sounds are different at different times too. Night time is down right awesome. People are out in the streets, making music, laughing. There's also many more types of people (age groups, gender) out than at other times. It's amazing how a neighborhood can feel like a totally different place depending on when you happen to be there. I feel like I'd have to sit on the corner for a full 24 hours to really feel like I knew the place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment