Friday, April 18, 2008

A cold? Really?

I think my body is playing some dumb joke on me. I'm in Africa, where there are all sorts of things waiting to bite me or be ingested or whatever, and I go and get a run of the mill COLD. I have to say I'm feeling pretty lucky, but it's annoying and just kind of bizarre.

Anyway, I just thought I would check in to say that things are going well. I'm plowing into my ISP (although not at as fast a rate as I would like). I have an advisor at ISM, a business school with campuses all over Senegal, who is interested in business ethics. I have a meeting tomorrow with the director of Forum Civil, which is an anti-corruption NGO and a branch of Transparency International. I plan to spend next week visiting as many business schools as possible and interviewing profs and students.

For clarification...Straight from my research proposal here are my main objectives for this project:

What environment are business management students being prepared for, and how are they being prepared? More specifically I want to know if this preparation incorporates or emphasizes ethics or CSR? What does this emphasis look like? What are the emphases within the discussion of ethics in Senegalese business schools? The process of answering these questions will seek to identify any cultural influences on business and business ethics. Analysis of data will suggest what the future looks like for business in Senegal.

Yeah. So that's kinda where I'm headed. We'll see how it goes. And yes, I'm a huge nerd.

No comments: