Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mungi dox, quoi. [Ca va, quoi]

Things are truckin' along here.
I'm trying to squeeze in a couple more interviews this week and start putting pen to paper (or fingers to keys). I'm not getting in as many interviews as I thought I would, but I'm getting enough quality ones that I think I'm getting good data and a good amount of it. I made a major breakthrough when I met the MBA director at IAM (Institut Africain de Management). Turns out he has a special interest in business ethics. He organized a conference at IAM on the subject two years ago, and is a case writer for the UNDP. Pretty impressive. I'll be going back there to pick his brain as well as another guy who is apparently affiliated with the Assemble National (Senegal's legislative body). Good things.

Last Saturday was pretty special because we hosted a Passover Seder (belated by a week). Marc and Hannah (the most Jewish of the group) organized everything and we spent all day cooking. Marc made an utterly delicious mazto ball chicken soup, and I cut up about 30 potatoes for potato kugel. There was a seder plate with some alterations. We substituted bitter aubergine (an essential ingredient in ceeb bu jen) for bitter herbs, and fell short on the horseradish, but we definitely had an orange for all us women of substance. About 10 or so of our friends doing their projects in Dakar showed up and we had a really pleasant time. It was fun to have guests at the apartment and it also seemed to mean a lot to those who celebrate it regularly, which made me happy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's hard to believe you will be home two weeks from today! The months have passed so quickly! We hope your research paper comes together nicely in the next week and we look forward to seeing you at the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport on May 18.
Love,
Mom & Dad