Saturday morning some other girls and I made a trek to the ritzy part of town where all the rich businesspeople and ambassadors live to a patisserie we'd seen. Pain au chocolat has never tasted so good. And it was guilt-free since there was lots of walking involved!
Sunday was pretty lazy. I did homework and watched TV with the fam, made ataya, and read a book. It was just what I wanted. I've become friends with my host cousin/maid. I go with her to go buy bread and stuff for dinner sometimes. She doesn't speak a whole lot of French, but I think she likes having someone who isn't barking orders at her (like the rest of the family) to hang out with. My goal is to go with her on errands a lot and make her life a little less miserable. I want to find a small gift to give her before I leave too.
This week is going to focus on getting my ISP topic nailed down and start working on my proposal. There are some other small projects to work on, which is lame since the big ISP is lurking and needing attention right now. This week we also have our visual art classes. I'm doing batik. Since I've kind of become a fabric junky while I'm here, it should be just about perfect.
PS--I finally got ALL of the Kedougou photos up (My Photos Part 2) with some captions. Enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment